Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Experimenting With water: week two

So far, it has been incredibly difficult to find time to take pictures with people. So, I practiced taking pictures with water since I want to incorporate water into my photos to represent the distortion of reality and transcendence. I took my brothers hands and put them in the sink under trickling water with some blue light shining from the side. I also used my own hands a couple of times. Some of them are a bit blurry because even with a tripod it was impossible to keep the hands entirely still.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, first and last image in this post are amazing. The texture and light creates great focus on the hand, and the rings add even more detail. The black and white photo had more a mood of loneliness because of the lighting, the and blue photo looks cold and almost sinister. All very powerful images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water pictures are EXCELLENT. The clarity on the hand is perfect, as well as the water droplets. I love the sense of mood it portrays, almost mysterious/dangerous. It feels as though the person is alone and possibly finding themself.
    These are amazing. Keep it up.

    -Kayla V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you experimented with colored light off the theater stage! These show innovation and are compelling images! I could see you incorporating the colored lighting and hands into your new concentration idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there anyway to incorporate these hand shots into one of your final pieces? They're so amazing!

    ReplyDelete