Thursday, February 9, 2012

Concentration Theme Description


(Original Photos)
My concentration idea (for the time being) consists of a dreamscape theme. Basically, I want to have a variety of young women each in one photo, and then next to it, a picture of them in the form of who/what they wish they could be or something they wish they could change about themselves. So each picture would be a pair of pictures. When taking into consideration how modern society stereotypes and prejudices change the mindsets of young girls growing up, I wanted to send a message that "beauty" and happiness comes within oneself and the only way to be content is to accept it. It's very cliché and probably a little overdone, but I hate hearing about the things that girls will do to make themselves pretty, or what certain cultures subjugate young women to do to achieve "perfection". I want to show with pictures how crucial being yourself is and changing how you are to placate others with this orthodox look is erroneous. What makes the world and people unique is the variety and discrepancies in all of us. If possible,  I would like to incorporate water into each picture to add variety to the cliché theme, but this could be a bit difficult so this is all subject to change of course.  My concentration theme is still undergoing consideration. However, for the time being, it consists of a dreamscape composition with photos in pairs: half the photo being young women in reality and the other half of how they wish they could be.  Although somewhat cliché I want to portray the stereotypes of modern society aimed at young women. I would also like to incorporate water into each of the photos, but of course, this is all still subject to change.

1 comment:

  1. You have written thoughtfully about your concentration idea. I look forward to seeing new pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete